Many of our programs have prescreening requirements. You must upload and submit all required recordings and/or materials by December 1, 2020 through the Jacobs School of Music Supplemental Application.
(Note: D.M. Piano prescreen recordings are due by January 15, 2021.)
Any materials received after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on space availability. In the case of prescreen audition recordings, please note that if we receive your materials after the December 1 deadline, we reserve the right to consider your recording as a final audition, on which a final admission decision will be made.
See your program for specific requirements.
- If you are applying for more than one area, please submit separate supplemental applications for each area under one account. The fee is only required for your first application, so please use the following coupon code in the payment section of your subsequent application(s): 02iu20
- If you are applying to B.M. or B.S.O.F. Composition Option 1, please submit your prescreen for composition and performance area (if applicable) under one account and in one application for Composition with your instrument concentration.
Requirements for prescreening recordings
Performance recordings should be of high quality and produced without any artificial enhancement, such as echo or electronic reverb. Be aware of any background noise that may interfere with the overall audio quality.
The following areas require prescreening:
- Audio Engineering and Sound Production
- Collaborative Piano
- Computer Composition
- Flute (all programs)
- Historical Performance
- Jazz (Guitar, Percussion, Saxophone, Voice, and D.M. Jazz Studies)
- Music Education (graduate programs)
- Music Scoring for Visual Media
- Music Theory
- Piano (D.M. only)
- Trombone (Tenor)
- Woodwinds (D.M. only)