Master of Music (M.M.)
In response to the ongoing pandemic, the Jacobs School of Music Office of Admissions and Financial Aid is adapting our audition procedures for 2021-2022 admissions to meet state and university guidelines related to COVID-19.
Submit the following via the JSOM Supplemental application by Dec. 1.
- Two or more scores and/or audio/visual or audio/visual samples representing a variety of forms and media, including at least two excerpts of music for film, game, web, or other mixed media
- Submitted sample should not exceed twelve minutes.
- If a long-form film or other media is submitted or pointed to via links, then a "cue list" of relevant scenes with timings to locate them should be provided.
- Video recordings should be in in QuickTime or .mp4 format.
- Any scores should be in PDF format (not Finale or Sibelius).
- A complete chronological list (PDF) of compositions for film, game, web or other mixed media as well as any concert works. This list should contain active links to any work posted and available online.
- Note: The preferred file name format for scores and recordings is: <title>_<genre>_<year>
Live virtual interview
After a review of the prescreen portfolios, a limited number of applicants will be invited for a live interview. Those invited for a live interview should be prepared for a brief ear-training examination (identification of intervals, triads, etc.).
Please review our suggested personal computing and software resources.