Master of Music (M.M.)
- Two or more scores and/or audio/visual or audio/visual samples representing a variety of forms and media, including at least two excerpts of music for film, game, web, or other mixed media
- Submitted sample should not exceed twelve minutes.
- If a long-form film or other media is submitted or pointed to via links, then a "cue list" of relevant scenes with timings to locate them should be provided.
- Video recordings should be in in QuickTime or .mp4 format.
- Any scores should be in PDF format (not Finale or Sibelius).
- A complete chronological list (PDF) of compositions for film, game, web or other mixed media as well as any concert works. This list should contain active links to any work posted and available online.
- Note: The preferred file name format for scores and recordings is: <title>_<genre>_<year>
After a review of the prescreen portfolios, a limited number of applicants will be invited for a live interview. Those invited for a live interview should be prepared for a brief ear-training examination (identification of intervals, triads, etc.).
International applicants are welcome to travel to Bloomington, but we can also offer the possibility of conducting the interview over Skype.
Please review our suggested personal computing and software resources (link).