The Musical Arts Center (MAC) seats 1,460 patrons and features advanced acoustical design and technical capabilities, making it one of the grandest performance venues in the United States.
Regularly compared to the Metropolitan Opera in New York City, the main stage is 90 feet wide by 60 feet deep. The backstage area occupies more than half the building and provides a state-of-the art theater space for technical work. The MAC is also home to recording and production facilities, and IU Jacobs School of Music Opera and Ballet Theater.
The MAC is located at 101 N. Eagleson Avenue.
Made possible by a $1 million dollar gift from Ione B. Auer, the 400-seat auditorium has a high-beamed, coffered ceiling, with two side terraces.
It is home to the Maidee H. and Jackson A. Seward Organ, also known as C. B. Fisk, Op. 135. The instrument, boasting nearly 4,000 pipes, was realized through a gift from the Sewards.
Auer Hall is located on the second floor of the Simon Music Center, 200 S. Eagleson Avenue.
Ford-Crawford Hall, an intimate 100-seat auditorium designed for solo recitals and chamber music performances, was made possible by Richard E. Ford.
Ford-Crawford Hall is located on the second floor of the Simon Music Center, 200 S. Eagleson Ave.
Within Merrill Hall is the school's most historic performance space, Recital Hall, which hosted its first performance on January 15, 1937. World-renowned musicians have performed in this 500-seat hall for more than 70 years.
It is located on the ground floor of Merrill Hall, 1201 E. Third Street.
Named for the former director of the Marching Hundred, this building gives the marching band a permanent rehearsal space where the whole band can practice together, as well as two smaller rehearsal rooms.
It is located at 800 E. 17th Street, across from Assembly Hall.