The following information is for the 2020-2021 school year. In response to the ongoing global health crisis, we are currently reviewing our audition procedures for the 2021-2022 school year to meet state and university guidelines related to COVID-19. Please check back for updates!
Prescreen required for all applicants.
Bachelor of Science in Music (B.S.), Bachelor of Science in Music and an Outside Field (B.S.O.F.)
Ballet dept. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballet dept. phone: 812-855-6787
Submit a video recording (no more than 10 minutes in length), including:
- At the Barre: Développés on one side and Grand Battements on the other. No additional barre exercises are needed.
- In the Centre: Adagio both sides (showing first arabesque), Pirouettes (both sides), Small Jumps, Petit Allegro and Grand Allegro.
- Females: pointe shoes, leotard, and pink tights – no skirts please
- Males: fitted T-shirt and tights
If your prescreen is accepted, you will be scheduled for one of the following audition dates:
- Friday, January 2020 - TBD
- Friday, February 2020 - TBD
- Friday, March 2020 - TBD
A special information session for ballet applicants is offered after the audition around 11:00 a.m. Parents and family are also welcome to attend this event.
What to expect
- The audition consists of taking an entire class in ballet technique. Females are required to take the entire class on pointe.
- Prepared solo variations are not required.
- Applicants must bring a resume and two 8x10 photos: one in 'first arabesque' and one headshot.
- Females: leotard and pink tights
- Males: a fitted t-shirt and tights
If you are unable to attend one of the live audition weekends, you may request to have an ad hoc audition or recorded audition option upon prior approval from the ballet dept. Please contact the ballet department at email@example.com for all ad hoc or recorded audition requests.