The following information is for entry into the 2023-2024 school year.
Bachelor of Music in Education (B.M.E.)
- Complete a prescreening and/or audition on your performance instrument or voice. For information on performance area prescreening and/or audition requirements, visit the audition page and select your instrument area or voice.
- Note: if your performance area requires a prescreening, you will submit your prescreening materials with your JSOM Supplemental application by December 1.
- Complete an in-person interview and group meeting with the music education faculty, consisting of:
- An on-site questionnaire about your musical and extracurricular activities.
- A general assessment of musical skills that pertain to teaching music.
You will be scheduled for one of the following audition dates and will receive your schedule by email 3-4 weeks prior to your performance audition and music education interview and group meeting:
- January 13-14, 2023
- February 3-4, 2023
- March 3-4, 2023