An opportunity to say thank you
Our scholarship donors, through their philanthropy, make a Jacobs School of Music education possible for students like you. The student scholarship thank you letter is a chance for you to express your sincere thanks to your donor and share with them the difference their gift is making in your life. We ask that you take a moment and write a thank you letter to your scholarship donor(s).
Scholarship recipients, click here to learn more about your scholarship or fellowship.
What to include in your letter
Please be as thoughtful as possible in your letter, detailing your time and experiences at the Jacobs School. This is your chance to show your donor(s) how much you appreciate them and let them get to know you. Your letter should be approximately 1-2 pages in length. Below are some ideas of what to include in your letter:
- Your current year and studio teacher.
- If you are a first-year student, please include your major.
- Why did you choose the Jacobs School of Music?
- How are classes or lessons with your studio teacher progressing?
- What does this scholarship mean to you and your career goals?
- Have you participated in a master class, educational activity, or performance recently?
- What experience are you most grateful for at the Jacobs School so far this year?
If you have any questions about your named scholarship, or how to write and submit your letter, please contact Haley Hatton, Assistant Director of Stewardship & Annual Fund, at email@example.com or (812) 856-9994.