Additional documentation for transfer students

As a transfer student, you must also arrange for official transcripts of all completed college coursework to be sent to both the Jacobs School of Music Office of Admissions and the Indiana University Office of Admissions by December 1.

Lastly, you must request transfer release from your current school. Download the Jacobs School of Music Transfer Release Form and have the appropriate official at your current institution complete it and give it back to you. Email or fax the form directly to the Jacobs School of Music Office of Admissions. Please note that no offer of merit-based financial aid will be made unless this completed form is on file.

Important information for international transfer students

You will need to send all the required materials mentioned on this page—along with additional documentation—to the Office of International Services. 

Learn more about transfer procedures for international students

Jacobs admissions address

Office of Music Admissions and Financial Aid
East Studio Building JS 100
1201 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812-855-7998
Fax: 812-856-6086

IU admissions address

Office of Admissions
Indiana University Bloomington
940 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812-855-0661
Fax: 812-855-5102