Master of Music (M.M.), Doctor of Music (D.M.)
Wind conducting audition requirements
Non-native English speakers must submit their TOEFL by December 1, 2020. Your prescreen will not be reviewed until English Proficiency has been met.
For questions regarding graduate degrees in Wind Conducting, please call 812-855-1372 or email email@example.com.
- Video recording of a rehearsal (15 to 20 minutes, continuous and unedited) and performance of the piece rehearsed
- The camera should be positioned so that comments made to the ensemble are very clear and audible and conducting gestures, body posture, and facial expression easily seen.
- Please begin the video by stating the following information: name, current position, brief overview of educational and professional background, and detailed information on the works rehearsed and ensemble being rehearsed.
- D.M. applicants only: Submit a writing sample – either an analysis of a major wind band piece or an equivalent article based on some area of research applicable to wind band repertoire.
Review of materials will begin in January and finalists will be invited to campus in February or March for a live audition with one of the Jacobs School of Music concert wind bands.
|November 1, 2020||IU application due||Undergraduate applicants|
|December 1, 2020||IU Graduate School application due||
Graduate and diploma applicants
|December 1, 2020||
Jacobs Supplemental application due. (Prescreen materials due, as applicable to your audition requirements)
|December 1, 2020||TOEFL scores due||Non-native English speaking applicants in Voice (all), Piano (D.M. only), Conducting, Musicology, and Graduate music education|
|January TBD, 2021||Audition weekend||Most applicants*|
|February TBD, 2021||Audition weekend||Most applicants*|
|March 1, 2021||TOEFL scores due||All non-native English speaking applicants|
|March TBD, 2021||Audition weekend||Most applicants*|
* Some programs do not hold auditions on all dates or may have their own audition dates. Please check your program's guidelines for more information.