A limited number of applicants will be invited to an *in-person audition on campus to conduct one of the Jacobs School of Music orchestras. Invited applicants will be informed of an audition date via email.
Invited applicants should prepare the following pieces for the personal conducting audition:
- Beethoven - Symphony No. 2, Mvt. 1
- Tchaikovsky - Romeo and Juliet (complete)
- Copland - Appalachian Spring (rehearsal #6-16 and #35-51)
- Please prepare both the large orchestral version, as well as the reduced version in case of personnel change due to COVID-19 regulations.
- Puccini - La Bohème, Act I, Rodolfo's aria "Che gelida manina"
- Mozart - Marriage of Figaro, The Count’s Aria
- Wagner - Siegfried Idyll
All pieces are to be learned in their entirety.
*On-campus auditions are subject to change at any time depending on the progress of the pandemic. If on-campus auditions become unavailable, you will be contacted by the JSOM Office of Admissions on how to complete your audition.