Associate of Science in Audio Engineering (A.S.), Bachelor of Science in Audio Engineering (B.S.)
Audio Engineering interview requirements
Audio Engineering applicants must complete a 3-part application.
- Submit your Indiana University application
- Submit Part 1 of your Jacobs School of Music Supplemental Application (In this step, you will list the emails for your Letters of Recommendation)
- Submit Part 2 of your Jacobs School of Music Supplemental Application (In this step, you will submit artistic background and your prescreen portfolio)
Prescreen portfolio requirements
- Describe your musical education and training.
- Describe your audio production skills and experience.
- Describe your experience with technology and computers outside of audio production.
- What are your musical likes and dislikes?
- What would you like to learn from the Audio Engineering program?
- What are your career goals?
- Why have you chosen Indiana University?
This can include any of your artistic, creative, and technical work. Some examples might be CDs you have recorded, produced, or played on as a musician; musical repertoire; web design; computer programming; visual arts; film or video; electronics projects, etc.
Submissions may be URLs, photographs, and print materials. Please include a complete description of your portfolio materials.
You must include three letters of recommendation from teachers or musical instructors. Make sure to follow up with your recommenders to submit their letters via the emailed links! All three letters must be received to complete your portfolio.
Write a paper of 3-5 pages on one of the following topics:
- Choose an artist or recording and discuss the significance to you as a musician.
- Choose a piece of equipment or technological innovation and discuss its impact on audio production and the entertainment industry.
- Choose a film or video game and discuss its use of sound and how it enhances the storyline.
You must submit an official copy of your transcript to the Jacobs School of Music Office of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) to complete your prescreen portfolio. We cannot retrieve your transcript from the Indiana University Office of Admissions.
A limited number of students are invited for an interview based on prescreen reviews.
A musical audition is not required for admission.
For more information, please contact the Audio Engineering Office at (812) 855-1087 or by email at email@example.com.
|November 1, 2020||IU application due||Undergraduate applicants|
|December 1, 2020||IU Graduate School application due||
Graduate and diploma applicants
|December 1, 2020||
Jacobs Supplemental application due. (Prescreen materials due, as applicable to your audition requirements)
|December 1, 2020||TOEFL scores due||Non-native English speaking applicants in Voice (all), Piano (D.M. only), Conducting, Musicology, and Graduate music education|
|March 1, 2021||TOEFL scores due||All non-native English speaking applicants|