An opportunity to say thank you
Scholarship donors make a Jacobs School of Music education possible for students like you. The student scholarship thank you letter is a chance for you to express your sincere gratitude to your donor and share with them the difference their gift is making in your life. We ask that you take a moment and write a thank you letter to your scholarship donor(s).
What to include in your letter
Please be as thoughtful as possible in your letter, detailing your time and experience at the Jacobs School. This is your chance to show your donor(s) how much you appreciate them and let them get to know you. Your letter should be approximately 1 page in length. Please include the following in your letter:
- Your current year and studio teacher.
- If you are a first year student, please include your major.
- Why did you choose the Jacobs School of Music?
- What this scholarship means to you and your career goals.
- Have you participated in a master class, performed on tour, or studied abroad? Share these experiences!
- Any upcoming activities, roles, or recitals that your donor(s) might attend.
How to submit your letter
You may submit your letter, bio, and photo through the online form below. You may also handwrite a letter or card and send them via campus mail or deliver them in person to the Office of Development at the following address:
Music Practice Building
C/O Mariann Hosler
1024 E. Third Street, Suite 199D
Bloomington, IN 47405