Jacobs School of Music Diversity Grant
The Jacobs Diversity and Equity Committee offers funding in support of diversity and inclusion activities within the school. Each department is eligible to receive up to $2000 each year towards the expenses of an on-campus visit from a guest performer or scholar who promotes diversity and inclusion. A written follow-up summary will be submitted by the department chair detailing how the department benefitted from the visit.
- Complete the application form:
a. Identify a proposed visitor and provide biographical information.
b. Provide a preliminary schedule for the proposed visit, detailing the audience that will be reached. Include a date for the lecture/presentation/performance, and a date for an additional diversity and inclusion discussion that the visitor will hold with the department’s students and faculty.
c. Explain how the proposed visit’s activities would benefit your students and faculty.
d. Include a proposed budget of expenses to illustrate how the award funds would support your proposed visitor.
- Attach the proposed guest’s CV to your application.
- Submit the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org using the
following format in your subject line: "[Department name], D&I Award."
- If granted an award, the department is responsible for acknowledging that award on all promotional materials related to the visit and during the events.
- Following the visit, the department chair should submit a written follow-up summary to the Diversity and Equity Committee chair at email@example.com. The summary should explain the impact that the visit had on the department and the school as a whole.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure that all required items are included.