Jazz Studies Faculty
HONOR THE PAST | SHAPE THE PRESENT | IMAGINE THE FUTURE
Welcome to the Jazz Studies Program at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, one of the first and foremost jazz programs in the world.
- To contact us, please write to email@example.com
In the News
- Coming Saturday, April 26, it's the 2014 Jazz Celebration! This year's theme is Indiana Jazz Legends: Hoagy, Wes, and J.J. featuring Dave Stryker-guitar, Gayle King & Richard Baskin-vocals, and Wayne Wallace-trombone as soloists with a 50- piece jazz studio orchestra, in addition to Vocal Jazz Ensemble I, and a faculty/student big band. Watch the video to learn more! Buy tickets here!
- Alumnus Jamey Aebersold named National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master. Read more here >
- 2014 Jazz Education Network Conference features over 20 presentations and performances by IU Jazz faculty, students, and alumni!
- IU Jazz is proud to welcome three new artists to the faculty!
Check out this video about IU Jazz!
Our mission is to prepare students for professional careers and leadership roles in jazz and related fields of contemporary music by providing exceptional training that equips students with the flexible skills and experience required of successful, well-rounded musicians, and creative jazz artists.
A wide variety of performance opportunities and a comprehensive curriculum ground our students in the rich history, traditions, and culture of jazz while nurturing their exploration of new and contemporary styles in an environment that encourages a free-flowing exchange of ideas between faculty, students, guest artists, and the community.
Our faculty, students, and alumni serve as a resource for the Jacobs School of Music, university, state, national, and international communities through our world-class creative activities in performance, composition, education, and scholarship.