Jazz Studies Faculty
HONOR THE PAST | SHAPE THE PRESENT | IMAGINE THE FUTURE
Welcome to the Jazz Studies Program at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, one of the first and foremost jazz programs in the world.
- To contact us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the News
- Alumnus Jamey Aebersold named National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master. Read more here >
- 2014 Jazz Education Network Conference features over 20 presentations and performances by IU Jazz faculty, students, and alumni!
- IU Jazz is proud to welcome three new artists to the faculty!
Check out this video about IU Jazz!
- Check out our Fall 2012 Newsletter to find out what our faculty, students, and alumni have been up to.
- Watch streaming video of the 2013 Jazz Celebration: The Music of Cole Porter with studio orcestra and guest vocalist Sunny Wilkinson (scroll across to select the concert you wish to view).
- Congratulations to Graduate student Michael Nearpass for his DownBeat Student Music Award: Outstanding Performance for his original composition "Durkees Ferry Road". Watch video about the premiere with the Brent Wallarab Jazz Ensemble here.
- Check out additional recent news!
Our mission is to prepare students for professional careers and leadership roles in jazz and related fields of contemporary music by providing exceptional training that equips students with the flexible skills and experience required of successful, well-rounded musicians, and creative jazz artists.
A wide variety of performance opportunities and a comprehensive curriculum ground our students in the rich history, traditions, and culture of jazz while nurturing their exploration of new and contemporary styles in an environment that encourages a free-flowing exchange of ideas between faculty, students, guest artists, and the community.
Our faculty, students, and alumni serve as a resource for the Jacobs School of Music, university, state, national, and international communities through our world-class creative activities in performance, composition, education, and scholarship.