Jazz Studies Faculty
HONOR THE PAST | SHAPE THE PRESENT | IMAGINE THE FUTURE
Welcome to the Jazz Studies Program at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, one of the first and foremost jazz programs in the world.
- To contact us, please write to email@example.com
- For information about auditions and how to apply go to Admissions
- Congratulations to faculty Dave Stryker, Walter Smith III, and Wayne Wallace, as well as alumni Randy Brecker, Eric Alexander, Booker T. Jones, John Clayton, Scott Wendholt, Roger Rosenberg, Matt Mitchell and Sara Caswell for being selected to the 2016 Downbeat Critics' Poll.
- Read our most recent newsletter HERE! Featuring Dave Stryker, the 1965-66 Tour of Near East and South Asia, and the Jazz Studies Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Check out our Soundcloud tracks and YouTube videos on our Sights and Sounds page!
- Congratulations to Dave Stryker on this feature article in the September issue of JazzTimes!
- Saxophonist Walter Smith appointed to IU Jacobs School of Music Jazz Studies faculty Link>
- Indiana University mourns David Baker, distinguished professor and jazz legend
Our mission is to prepare students for professional careers and leadership roles in jazz and related fields of contemporary music by providing exceptional training that equips students with the flexible skills and experience required of successful, well-rounded musicians, and creative jazz artists.
A wide variety of performance opportunities and a comprehensive curriculum ground our students in the rich history, traditions, and culture of jazz while nurturing their exploration of new and contemporary styles in an environment that encourages a free-flowing exchange of ideas between faculty, students, guest artists, and the community.
Our faculty, students, and alumni serve as a resource for the Jacobs School of Music, university, state, national, and international communities through our world-class creative activities in performance, composition, education, and scholarship.