Summer 2020 Young Pianists classes
This Summer the Young Pianists Program will offer a six-week term of one-on-one online lessons, starting Monday, May 11 or after. The six-week term can be taken twice for a total of 12 weeks of lessons by mutual consent of parent/teacher, if the student starts lessons shortly after the start date of May 11.
Application deadline: For the Summer term, the application deadline is rolling. Students with other summer commitments may begin any time from May 11 to June 15, or may spread the 6 week term out over more than six weeks by agreement with the instructor. However, Summer term lessons must end by August 1. Payment is due at the time of registration.
New beginners and transfer students will be accepted this Summer as instructor availability permits. Auditions are not required, but the Director may ask about a student’s previous piano study.
Register for Summer 2020 classes
Your email is your user name. Create a password and retain for future access to the account. Please complete all fields on the application. Full payment is due at time of registration. You may pay by credit card online, or by check immediately following registration.
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: $15
(MUST be paid at the time of application to be considered registered)
Summer 2020 Tuition Fee: $235 for 6 weeks of lessons (plus non-refundable registration fee)
Summer Term Lesson Options:
- One 60-minute private lesson per week: $235 for 6 weeks plus $15 non-refundable registration fee ($250 total for the term) OR
- Two 30-minute private lessons per week (for younger children and beginners): $235 for 6 weeks plus $15 registration fee ($250 total for the term)
New students should contact Dr. Karen Taylor for a teacher assignment: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 336-4465 from 1:00-3:00pm and evenings 9:00-11:30pm. Do not pay the full tuition fee online until you have been informed that your child has been assigned a teacher. Pay only the non-refundable registration fee. All lesson times are by arrangement with the assigned instructor.
Note: Merit scholarships or financial aid is not available for the summer sessions of Young Pianists
No Theory classes are offered during the summer. Theory will resume in the Fall ’20 semester.
Consult with your instructor and know your Summer plans well before registering for two successive Summer terms! All lessons, including makeup lessons, must end by August 1st, 2020. No exceptions and no refunds for lessons not taken by 8/1/20.
- Requests to withdraw from the Program must be submitted in writing to the Director (email@example.com), cc/the Coordinator of Special Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org). Verbal requests will not be honored.
- A $50 processing fee will be deducted from all tuition refunds. Students who register, but withdraw from lessons prior to the start of the term will be refunded 100% of the tuition paid minus the non-refundable registration fee ($15) and processing fee ($50).
- Students who begin lessons but notify the director within the first week of the Summer term that they intend to withdraw will be refunded 75% of tuition, minus registration and processing fees.
- Students who withdraw between the start of week three and the end of week six may be refunded up to 50% of tuition (minus fees). After week 6 of the semester or week 3 of the Summer term, no portion of tuition will be refunded.
- In the event of serious illness/injury or relocation, a pro-rated refund may be issued at the discretion of the Director.