Department of Strings

Students Wishing to Change Degree Programs and Also Be Considered for Financial Aid

Any enrolled student in the String Department of the Jacobs School of Music playing a recital during the current academic year and wishing to be considered for a new degree program and financial aid for the following academic year, must apply formally through the JSoM Admissions and Financial Aid office and have their recital hearing before spring break of the current year. If, for some reason, students intending to change degree programs do not have a recital the current academic year, they still must be evaluated for either degree change and/or financial aid consideration through a regular recital hearing panel, an ad hoc audition, or an audition during the three regular school audition dates. In all cases, if financial aid is a consideration, the hearing or audition must be completed before spring break.