The Auto-W deadline for dropped classes (for courses that last the entire semester of spring 2020) has been extended to April 5.  In most cases, that is the latest you can drop a class. You can use the eDrop function to drop a class.

To add a class, email the Music Graduate Office with that request and we can assist you in making that change.

The Music Graduate Office staff are working remotely for the remainder of the spring semester.  Please contact us by phone or email.

We are accepting Program Planning Sheets for summer 2020 now and will start to accept them for fall 2020 on April 1.

Recent Announcements


Contact the Music Graduate Office

Office Location
East Studio Building 120 (JS 120)
205 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405

Mailing Address
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405

Hours: 8 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
Phone: 812-855-1738Phone

E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu

musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Eric Isaacson), Director 
serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Advisor
anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Laurie Staring), Secretary
musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Janis Cooper Parker), Doctoral Clerk

More Information


General Forms

Schedule Adjustment Authorization [PDF]

  • Use this form in the first week of classes to get authorization to add a class that requires it

Independent Study Course Request (MUS-U 596 Research in Music) [PDF]

Seminar in Interpretation Course Request (MUS-F 561) [PDF]

  • Use this form to propose to enroll in MUS-F 561 Seminar in Interpretation

Program Planning Sheet [online forms]

Interruption of Study [online form]

  • Use this form to let the Music Graduate Office staff know that you plan to take some time off from registration.

Student Criminal Activity Disclosure form [PDF]

  • If you are returning to resume work on a program after an absence of one year (or more), then submission of this form is required

Undergraduate Request to Enroll in a Graduate Course [PDF]

  • Use this form if you are an undergraduate student registering for your final semester of coursework and would like to take a graduate level course. 
  • This form should be submitted to the Music Undergraduate Office in the East Studio Building room 120.

Master's Program Forms

Master's Minor [PDF]

Program Completion Application for MM, MME and MS degrees [online form]

Graduation Application for MA degrees

  • MA candidates must complete the "Master's Application for Advanced Degree."  It can be found by searching for the eDoc at  For University Graduate School deadlines please contact that office at 855-9343.
  • Detailed information on graduation

Doctoral Program Forms

Minor Field declaration [PDF]

Doctoral Advisory Committee [PDF]

Minor Field representative in Music History & Literature [PDF]

Minor Field representative in Music Theory [PDF]

DM final project topic proposal/Research committee [Word file]

DM Piano essay topic proposal/Research committee [Word file]

DM Composition dissertation proposal/Research committee [PDF]

Program Completion Application for DM and DME students [online form]

Graduation Application for PhD students

  • PhD candidates must complete a "PhD Commencement Participation Application" if they plan to attend the commencement ceremony. To find the form, search for the eDoc at For University Graduate School deadlines please contact that office at 855-9343.  If a PhD candidate does not plan to attend the commencement ceremony, then no application for graduation is necessary.
  • Detailed information on graduation

Survey of Earned Doctorates [PDF]

Artist/Performer Diploma Forms

Artist Diploma Committee [PDF]

Program Completion Application for Artist and Performer Diploma students [online form]

Certificate Program Forms

Program Completion Application for Certificate programs