Contact the Music Graduate Office

Office Location
East Studio Building 120 (JS 120)
205 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405

Mailing Address
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405

Hours: 8 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
Phone: 812-855-1738Phone

E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu

musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Eric Isaacson), Director 
serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Advisor
anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Collin Lewis), Secretary
musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Janis Cooper Parker), Doctoral Clerk

More Information

Program Planning Sheet for Doctoral Candidates

Please note:  After you submit your program planning sheet you will get an email from the Music Graduate Office informing you that you are eligible to register. 

As the first step in registering for classes each semester, you need to submit the Jacobs School of Music's Program Planning sheet. Please fill out all of the information requested in the form below, then submit it by clicking the Submit button at the bottom. The Music Graduate Office will reply by e-mail once you are eligible to register; please read that note carefully for registration instructions and for reminders about requirements.

Courses are listed in the online Schedule of Classes

Information about registration requirements during doctoral candidacy.

If you have questions, please contact the Music Graduate office

First name:   
Last name:  

Program :     Major Area:  

Complete IU E-mail address (include               

Registration for which semester?:  

If you are taking only G901, final project, piano essay or dissertation credit hours, choose the class you want to register in from the drop-down box:

Subject-Catalog Number and Class number

Credit hours

(note: G901 is 6 credit hours)

If you are taking anything other than G901, final project, piano essay or dissertation credits, fill out the information for the course(s) you want to take below:

Subject-Catalog Number (ex: MUS-P 900)
Credit hours
Class number (ex: 12345)

 When do you plan to graduate?  Month   

Course Selections:

If any of the courses above (except G901) require permission from the instructor (that is, are marked "PERM" in the Schedule of Classes), please ask the instructor to email or call 855-1738 to give permission for you to register for that course. Without that permission, you will not be able to register for that class. G901 is authorized automatically - you do not need to contact anyone about that.

Questions or comments: