Arrival: Sunday, June 26, 2016, Check-in and registration at Spruce Residence Hall, 12:00 Noon-3:30 pm
Departure: Saturday, July 16th, 2016, Honors Recital and Closing Ceremony at Auer Hall, 1:00- ca. 3:45 pm.
Sunday, June 26, 2016
- 12 Noon - 3:30 PM...Registration and check-in at Spruce Residence Hall Center Lounge. Get your room key/meal card.
- 4:30 PM - Tour of the Jacobs School of Music complex
- 7:00 PM - Orientation Meeting in Sweeney Lecture Hall and Pizza Party
- 10:00 pm - Curfew and floor meetings in Spruce Hall*
*Staff will meet with commuters and their parents separately at the beginning of the session. Details TBA.
There will be a Theory Placement Exam on Monday morning, June 27th.
The Master Class auditions will be held Monday afternoon and evening, June 27. All students are strongly encouraged to audition. Masterclasses will be held typically every 2-6 days.
- 4 Student recitals spread throughout the Academy*
- 8 master classes
- In-house performances with feedback in interactive sessions
- Duet Concert in Recital Hall featuring all participants*
- Piano Academy Honors Recital in Auer Hall*
A typical Summer Piano Academy day:
|8:00-9:00 am||Theory or Feldenkrais classes OR practice time*|
|10:00am -12:00n||Group Class: Interactive Session,
master classes, faculty presentations
|3:00-4:00 pm||Practice duets with partner*|
|4:00-6:00 pm||Practice and/or Theory class*|
|Evening||Attend master classes, music recitals, and concerts|
|10:00 pm||Return to Residence Hall|