Arrival: Saturday, June 20, 2015, Check-in and registration at Rose Residence Hall, 1:00-3:30 pm
Departure: Saturday, July 11th, 2015, Honors Recital and Closing Ceremony at Auer Hall, 1:00-3:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 20, 2015
- after 4:00 pm (time TBA) - Tour of Jacobs School of Music
- ca. 7:00 pm - Orientation Meeting
*There will be a Theory Placement Exam on the first Monday of the workshop, June 23, at around 8:00 am for all students.
*The Master Class auditions will be held later in the day on Monday, June 23. Masterclasses will be held typically around 9-10 am every 2-4 days.
*Each Sunday morning, students will receive free time, then have their rooms inspected for cleanliness.
- 4 Student recitals spread throughout the academy
- 1 Student Duet Concert, near the end of the academy
- 1 Piano Academy Honors Recital, near the end of the academy
A typical Summer Piano Academy day:
|8:00-10:00 am||Theory or Feldenkrais classes OR practice time|
|10:00am -12:00n||Piano Class Interactive Session,
master classes, faculty presentations
|1:00-2:25pm||Free time and/or Duet classes|
|3:00-4:00 pm||Practice duets with partner|
|4:00-6:00 pm||Practice and/or Theory classes|
|Evening||Attend master classes, music recitals, and concerts|
|10:00 pm||Return to Residence Hall|