Arrival: Saturday, June 20, 2015, Check-in and registration at Rose Residence Hall, Noon 12:00-3:30 pm
Departure: Saturday, July 11th, 2015, Honors Recital and Closing Ceremony at Auer Hall, 1:00-3:30 pm.
Saturday, June 20, 2015
- 12 Noon - 3:30 PM...Registration and check-in at Rose Ave Residence Hall Center Lounge. Get your room key/meal card.
- 3:45 PM... Tour of Jacobs School of Music*
- 5:00-7:15 PM...Orientation Meeting in Sweeny Lecture Hall and Pizza Party*
- 8:00 pm...American Liszt Society Festival in Auer Hall.
- 10:00 pm...Curfew
*There will be a Theory Placement Exam at the beginning of the session details TBA.
*The Master Class auditions will be held Sunday, June 21 and Monday, June 22 if needed. Masterclasses will be held typically every 2-4 days.
*Each Sunday morning, students will receive free time, then have their rooms inspected for cleanliness.
- 4 Student recitals spread throughout the Academy
- Student Duet Concert, on Friday evening July 10th in Recital Hall.
- Piano Academy Honors Recital, on Saturday, July 11 at 1:00 pm in Auer Hall.
A typical Summer Piano Academy day:
|8:00-10:00 am||Theory or Feldenkrais classes OR practice time|
|10:00am -12:00n||Piano Class Interactive Session,
master classes, faculty presentations
|1:00-2:25pm||Free time and/or Duet classes|
|3:00-4:00 pm||Practice duets with partner|
|4:00-6:00 pm||Practice and/or Theory classes|
|Evening||Attend master classes, music recitals, and concerts|
|10:00 pm||Return to Residence Hall|