Registration: July 21, 2:00-4:00pm, Forest Residence Hall Lobby
Check-out time: July 27, 9:00-12:00 noon, Forest Residence Hall
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for male and female voice students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for jazz students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for instrumental students.
CAP I and CAP II Tips 2013
Here is a list of things to keep in mind as you pack for the College Audition Preparation Workshop.
Bring the following items with you:
- your instrument(s), mutes, and reeds;
- your music, including music to work on for the mock audition, any etudes, scales books, and any new pieces you intend to work on during the week;
- a notebook and pen/pencils;
- a metronome;
- a notebook of music manuscript paper for theory classes;
- casual wear for most activities:
- 2 pairs of casual shoes;
- Dress clothes for concerts
- Lightweight jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (practice rooms are sometimes cool);
- Raincoat or umbrella;
- Nightwear, bathrobe, slippers (bathroom is down the hall);
- Personal toiletries;
- A camera;
- Spending money for snacks, music, etc.
- Girls: dress and/or skirt and/ or dress pants, blouses, dress shoes
- Boys: slacks and button shirts, dark shoes;
Some smart tips:
- Do not bring large sums of cash. Local stores will not accept or cash out-of-town personal checks.
- Bed linens, towels, and a pillow are provided.
- Label everything including instruments, music, notebooks, and clothing. Make a list of what you bring.
- Don’t leave your possessions unattended anywhere. Things can disappear.
- Students are expected to attend all classes, lessons, practice periods, and concerts.
- Students are expected to behave courteously and responsibly at all times.
- Students are expected to enjoy their time and learn a lot about playing their instrument well!