Check-in: Sunday, July 24, 2:00-4:00pm
Check-out: Saturday, July 30, 10:00-12:00 noon
Check in and check out at Forest Quadrangle on the Indiana University Campus
1725 East Third St. Bloomington, IN 47406
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for male and female voice students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for instrumental students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for composition students.
CAP TIPS 2016
Here is a list of things to keep in mind as you pack for the College Audition Preparation Workshop.
Bring the following items with you:
• your instrument(s), mutes, and reeds;
• your music, including music to work on for the mock audition, any etudes, scales books, and any new pieces you intend to work on during the week;
• a notebook and pen/pencils;
• a metronome;
• a notebook of music manuscript paper for theory classes;
• casual wear for most activities:
• 2 pairs of casual shoes;
• Dress clothes for concerts
• Girls: dress and/or skirt and/ or dress pants, blouses, dress shoes
• Boys: slacks and button shirts, dark shoes;
• Lightweight jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (practice rooms are sometimes cool);
• Raincoat or umbrella;
• Nightwear, bathrobe, slippers (bathroom is down the hall);
• Personal toiletries;
• A camera;
• Spending money for snacks, music, etc.
• Do not bring large sums of cash. Local stores will not accept or cash out-of-town personal checks.
• Bed linens, towels, and a pillow are provided.
• Label everything including instruments, music, notebooks, and clothing. Make a list of what you bring.
• Don’t leave your possessions unattended anywhere. Things can disappear.
• Students are expected to attend all classes, lessons, practice periods, and concerts.
• Students are expected to behave courteously and responsibly at all times.
• Students are expected to enjoy their time and learn a lot about playing their instrument well!