College Audition Preparation
Check-in: Sunday, July 23, 2:00-4:00pm
Check-out: Saturday, July 29, 10:00-12:00 noon
Check in and check out at Spruce Hall Residence Center on the Indiana University Campus
1801 East Jones Ave. Bloomington, IN 47406
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for male and female voice students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for instrumental students.
Click here for an example of a daily schedule for composition students.
CAP Tips 2017
Here is a list of things to keep in mind as you pack for the College Audition Preparation Workshop.
Bring the following items with you:
- Your instrument(s), mutes, and reeds;
- Your music, including music to work on for the mock audition, any etudes, scales books, and any new pieces you intend to work on during the week;
- A notebook and pen/pencils;
- A metronome;
- A notebook of music manuscript paper for theory classes;
- Casual wear for most activities:
- 2 pairs of casual shoes;
- Dress clothes for concerts
- Girls: dress and/or skirt and/ or dress pants, blouses, dress shoes
- Boys: slacks and button shirts, dark shoes;
- Lightweight jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (practice rooms are sometimes cool);
- Raincoat or umbrella;
- Nightwear, bathrobe, slippers (bathroom is down the hall);
- Personal toiletries;
- A camera;
- Spending money for snacks, music, etc.
- Do not bring large sums of cash. Local stores will not accept or cash out-of-town personal checks.
- Bed linens, towels, and a pillow are provided.
- Label everything including instruments, music, notebooks, and clothing. Make a list of what you bring.
- Don’t leave your possessions unattended anywhere. Things can disappear.
- Students are expected to attend all classes, lessons, practice periods, and concerts.
- Students are expected to behave courteously and responsibly at all times.
- Students are expected to enjoy their time and learn a lot about playing their instrument well!