1/6 Comma Modified Mean-Tone
- Tune A4 to fork. The number 4 indicates notes in the octave above middle C4.
- Tune A3 to A4. The number 3 indicates notes in the octave below middle C4.
- Tune F3 to A3 making a wide 3rd with 3 beats per second.
- Tune C4 to F3 making a narrow 1/6c 5th beating around 1 beat per socond.
- Tune D4 to A3 making a wide 1/6c 4th beating around 2 beats per second.
- Tune G3 to C4 and D4. Make a wide G3C4 1/6c 4th and a narrow G3D4 1/6c 5th.
- Tune E4 making a narrow 1/6c A3E4 5th. The C4E4 3rd should beat around 4 beats per second.
- Tune B3 making a wide 1/6c B3E4 4th. The G3B3 3rd should beat around 3� beats per second.
- Tune C3 to C4 making a good octave with a wide C3F3 4th and a narrow C3G3 5th.
- Tune D3 to D4 making a good octave with a wide D3G3 4th and a narrow D3A3 5th.
- Tune E3 to E4 making a good octave with a wide E3A3 4th and a narrow E3B3 5th.
- Tune F#3 making a wide 1/6c F#3B3 4th. The D3F#3 3rd should beat 2� beats per second.
- Tune B2 to B3 making a good octave with a wide B2E3 4th and a narrow B2F#3 5th.
- Tune D#3 to B2 and Eb3 to G3. The B2D#3 3rd should beat 6 beats per second and Eb3G3 should beat 8 beats per second.
- Tune Bb3 making a wide Eb3Bb3 5th and a narrow F3Bb3 4th.
- Tune Ab3 making a wide 1/6c Eb3Ab3 4th. E3G#3 3rd beats 8+ beats per second and Ab3C4 3rd beats 10+ beats per second
- Tune C#4 making a wide F#3C#4 5th and a narrow G#3C#4 4th.
- Tune Eb4 making a good octave and a narrow Bb3Eb4 4th and a wide Ab3Eb4 5th.
- Tune F4,F#4,G4,G#4 etc. checking 4ths,5ths and octaves.
- Tune C#3,Bb2 etc. checking 3rds, 4ths, 5ths and octaves
The results look like this with eight 1/6 comma tempered 5ths, four 5ths tempered wide by about � beat per second. 1/6 comma 5ths are narrow by around 1 beat per second. 1/6 comma 4ths are wide by around 2 beats per second.
F 1/6 C 1/6 G 1/6 D 1/6 A 1/6 E 1/6 B 1/6 F# * C# * G# 1/6 Eb * Bb * F
*indicates wide 5th or narrow 4th
Cents and Frequency table for 1/6 Comma Modified Meantone