The Jacobs School is grateful for support and assistance from The Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the Kelley School of Business.
Personal Career Advising with Meryl Krieger, Joanie Spain, and Alain Barker!
Meet one-on-one with a career advisor to identify and locate information about specific music careers, prepare and optimize your resume and professional cover letter(s), and plan your career path.
Topics can include:
- Exploring music career options
- Self-assessment using the Harrison Career Assessment Tool
- Resume, cover letter, press kit, and portfolio development
- Personal branding and self-promotion
- Job search strategies
- Mock interviewing and negotiating a contact
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Marketing and promotional tips
- Professional networking
- Alumni mentorship
NEC Career Documents
Take advantage of 99 titles, including information on how to write a bio, create an online presence, finance and release your own recording, book your own performance, write grants, and more.
- Accessible through the online resource page
(IU username and password required; MAC users may need to use Safari).
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us at Jumpstart Central (MU011) in Merrill Hall.