Creating Program Online
DO NOT ENTER DUPLICATE COMPOSERS, TITLES OR MOVEMENTS
Things to keep in mind when entering composers and compositions into the database.
The title of each work, including key and opus numbers
- J.S. Bach has "BWV" numbers; Mozart has "K" numbers; Schubert has "D" numbers
- If the work has no opus numbers, put the year of the composition
- Spell out keys: C-Sharp, B-Flat
- "Major" and "Minor" are both capitalized
- Enter full name of each composer with birth and death years
- Tempo markings or names of movements
- Person's name who plays an obbligato (place following the work)
- For an aria or recitative, the work from which it comes; then the title of the aria or recitation goes under
Correct spelling and placement of accent marks are YOUR responsibility.
UNDERGRAD - BME, BSOF, BM Jazz and BM Composition
Choose either "Student" or "Senior" recital. DO NOT SELECT "Junior" recital.
Note: When using the online recital database, most of this is automatically populated. There may, in some cases, be an unneeded "From" added. It will be removed. Particularly, voice recitals, will have a single entry for each song. Contact Recital Program Office(musprgrm at indiana.edu) to confirm "grouping" of sets.
If you have program changes, please submit those to the Recital Program Office (PB113, 855-0818; e-mail: musprgrm at indiana dot edu). Changes to the program two weeks prior to the recital will not be charged an additional fee. Changes that are submitted less than 2 weeks prior to the recital may be subject to an additional fee.
If you have questions about creating your program, please contact us at email: musicits at indiana dot edu or email: musprgrm at indiana dot edu.
ACCESS THE PROGRAM CREATION WEBSITE: The first step to scheduling the recital will be to create your recital program online. You can do this by visiting our online Program Creation Form. Please use Internet Explorer or Safari. DO NOT use Google Chrome.
Read and follow the instructions from there. (If you are accessing this from an off campus computer, you will need to connect to IU VPN first.)
To use VPN, do the following:
- Go to the IU VPN website at https://vpn.iu.edu and login using your IU Username and Passphrase
Once the program is completed, you will be able to print it out. Please print that program out and take it to your teacher/committee for the required signatures.
Thank you for your cooperation.