Validation & Exemption Exam Policy Amendment
Policy Amendment on Validating Undergraduate Aural Skills Classes (T132, T231, T232, and T331 only)
This policy is only an addition to current policy; it does not supersede it. For details, see Undergraduate Validation/Exemption Exams
1. A student may validate any of the four aural skills classes listed above by taking the comprehensive exam for that class in any semester preceding the semester a student would like to validate the class.
2. A student must sign up for the comprehensive exam in the course to be validated by writing to the class’s current instructor, and receiving a confirmation that s/he may take the comprehensive. This notification should take place by the beginning of Week 14 of the semester.
3. It is still true that a student may only take a validation test once. Thus, if the student does not receive the required grade of 72.5%, s/he may NOT take the validation test when it is offered at the start of the next semester.
4. In the case where a student wants to validate more than one aural skills class by taking its comprehensive exam, and those exams conflict, the student should take the comprehensive of the lower-numbered class, and take the validation exam for the higher-numbered class during its administration before the start of classes.
5. A student must bring a photo ID to the final exam; no exceptions will be made if s/he forgets to bring one.