Audition Dates 2013-2014
- Friday, January 16, 2015
- Friday, February 6, 2015
- Friday, March 6, 2015
About the Audition
- All auditions are on pointe.
- Each audition will last from 9:30am to 11:15am.
- All auditions are held in studio 305 in the Musical Arts Center and auditioners are asked to be at the studio no later than 9:00am. Check in time will be from 8:15am to 9:00am.
- Dress code for audition: (females) any color leotard, pink tights, pointe shoes; (males) white t-shirt, black tights, ballet shoes.
What to Bring to the Audition
- Students are asked to bring a photo in first arabesque, a headshot as well as a current dance resume with them to the audition.
- There is no need to bring letters of recommendation to the audition as they are required with your Jacobs School of Music application.
- There is no need for a prepared variation.
How to Set up an Audition/Before Auditioning
- Please visit the Jacobs School Admissions Office for Ballet Department admissions information. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Jacobs School of Music Admissions Office at (812) 855-7998 or by email at musicadm [at] indiana [dot] edu.
- All applications must be submitted before auditioning for the Ballet Department.
- After completing and submitting both the IU General Admissions application and the Jacobs School of Music application, students will receive confirmation of their audition date from the Jacobs School of Music's Admissions Office.
- Students may contact the Ballet Department with any additional questions regarding their audition at (812) 855-6787 or ballet [at] indiana [dot] edu.
After the Audition
- There will be a question and answer session for auditioners and their families immediately following each audition.
- Auditioners and their families are encouraged to watch ballet majors' classes and rehearsals which occur throughout the day.
- For those auditioning on dates that coincide with performances, tickets will be available to purchase at the MAC box office (812) 855-7433.
For more information on Ballet Auditions or the Ballet Department in general, please contact the Ballet Department at ballet [at] indiana [dot] edu or (812) 855-6787.
- The Ballet Department does accept DVD or video auditions but it is strongly recommended that prospective students audition in person.
- For those submitting video auditions, please visit the Jacobs School Admissions website for details.
Ad Hoc Auditions
- For students who are unable to attend one of the scheduled audition dates, an ad hoc audition may be arranged. Information on how to set up an ad hoc audition can be found at the Jacobs School Admissions Office website.