Summer registration has started.
Fall registration will begin on Monday, April 3.
Contact the Music Graduate Office
East Studio Building 120 (JS 120)
205 S. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
1201 E. 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Hours: 8 am–12 pm, 1–5 pm
E-mail: musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu
musicdgs [at] indiana [dot] edu (Eric Isaacson), Director
serbes [at] indiana [dot] edu (Sara Erbes), Advisor
anmiller [at] indiana [dot] edu (Angie Miller), Recorder
musgrad [at] indiana [dot] edu (Mike Ziething), Secretary
musdoc [at] indiana [dot] edu (Janis Cooper Parker), Doctoral Clerk
2012-2013 Jacobs School of Music Bulletin Changes
Since the publication of the 2012-2013 Jacobs School of Music Bulletin, the Jacobs School of Music Council will approve several changes to the curriculum. The most important of these (along with corrections of some misprints) will be listed here.
Please note that these changes apply to students entering in semesters after the changes were approved. Students who entered before that date may petition to have the new requirements apply to their degrees; ordinarily this means switching to all the requirements of the most recent Bulletin.
Please contact the Music Graduate Office if you have questions.
- Changes to Academic Standing-Graduate (9 October 2012)
- Typographical Errors
- Postings of changes to older Bulletins
A graduate or diploma student will be subject to dismissal from the school when
- the student receives an academic warning while on probation; or
- the student is subject to probation a second time while already on probation; or
- the student’s semester GPA falls below 2.0; or
- the student fails for a second time to achieve a satisfactory grade in the same review course taken to satisfy a proficiency requirement; or
- the student does not fulfill the terms of academic probation; or
- the student engages in an act of academic, personal, or professional misconduct; or
- the student fails, in the judgment of the director of graduate studies, to make satisfactory progress toward the degree.
The Jacobs School of Music Administrative Committee considers petitions for readmission from students who have been dismissed.
Page 42: Under Instrumental Teaching - Strings, the class number for Methods and Materials for Teaching String Music should be MUS-E 480 (not E420).
Page 43: Under PhD/DME Music Education, Core Courses, the full title of E618 is History and Philosophy of Music Education.