Music Admissions & Financial Aid
Life in Bloomington
Welcome to the Admissions and Financial Aid area of the Jacobs School of Music!
If you are considering applying for admission to our school, you will find helpful information about all aspects of the admissions process by clicking on the topics in the menu to the left. Our staff also stand ready to assist you in any way we can, so please feel free to call us at 812-855-7998 or email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
IMPORTANT NEWS AND UPDATES (November 20, 2014)
- We will not host information sessions or visits during the week of Thanksgiving. Our office will be closed November 27-28, for Thanksgiving Break.
- Remember that December 1 is the Jacobs School of Music application deadline! All application and pre-screening materials must be received in our office by this date.
- We have reached capacity for ballet auditions for the January audition weekend. We are no longer scheduling ballet auditions for January. All previously submitted applications with requests for the month of January will be scheduled as requested.
- The undergraduate application for fall 2015 is available here.
- Please note regarding essays on the Undergraduate application: You will be asked to write a personal statement specific to music, which is an opportunity for you to share with us any additional information (300-500 words). You will then be asked to write an essay for Indiana University Office of Admissions (200-400 words).
- Please remember that the graduate application requires two steps: the application for the University Graduate School (UGS), as well as the JSOM Graduate Application.
- Pre-screening submissions are now accepted online.